You are able to track online traffic by integrating Google Analytics with your event site. To add the tracking ID click the Website tab and then select the Site Settings menu item.
Add the Google Analytics tracking ID
On the Site Settings screen, select the "Analytics" tab. In the "Google Analytics" field, enter your tracking ID. Need help locating your tracking ID?
Add as a code snippet
It is possible to add the Google Analytics tracking ID as a code snippet via the "Scripts" tab.
Adding the Google Analytics snippet
If there is existing code in the Custom Head Script file, it should not be overwritten. Add the Google Analytics snippet by following these steps:
- Copy the existing code found in the Custom Head JS box (arrow 2 in image below) and paste into your newly created file.
- Save the file and then upload it (arrow 1 in image below).
- Click the "Save Settings" button.
- Republish your event site.
Important note: If the snippet contains any script tags—i.e.
</script>— these have to be removed in order for the code to be added properly. This is because these tags are automatically added. Also removed the comments:
<!-- Google Analytics --> and <!-- End Google Analytics -->
<head> tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string
'UA-XXXXX-Y' should be replaced with the tracking ID of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.
<!-- Google Analytics -->
ga('create', 'UA-XXXXX-Y', 'auto');
<!-- End Google Analytics -->
Locate your Google Analytics tracking ID
You must have your GA account property ID (also referred to as tracking ID) in order to add the GA script.
To find your tracking ID:
- Sign into your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Learn more about locating your GA tracking ID on Google Support.